Name:
Location: Somewhere only we know, Distant Land

Me's a whole lot of things that even I find amusing... I'm definitely a romantic and I advocate honesty at all costs

Monday, November 13, 2006

A fabulous weekend

As friday approached I was a bit nervous, wasnt sure if taking that break was for me but oooooooooh yes it was! Oooh yes! I'm back with a BANG!!!(literally)..whatever! I am back! I feel the adrenaline like never before. Tinu's back to stay!!! Yeah!!!!
As I was about to start typing the next sentence, the music of fabolous majek fashek just came on!
ooh Lord! e!
I am not afraid,
even when they try to put me down,
I am not afraid!
Almighty guide I
Jesus guide I
Jehovah guide I....

Then I look up to jah!
I look up to jah for my tomorrow,
I look up to jah to wipe away my sorrow,
I look up to jah
Now that i know that...I am not afraid!

Omo, this my media player dey feel the spirit. LOL. Anyways, where was I?? Yes o! I'm back! That weekend in bradford was just what the doctor ordered. It was peaceful, restful and completely faboulous.
First, I want to say a big thank you to my wonderful hosts. These guys showed me a good time! Plus, they brought back the memories of my tomboy days! I think as we grow, we dont realise how much we are sacrificing and giving up. To them, life is a gift that must be appreciated and savoured. If there was ever a perfect complement of personalities, that had to be them! It was great! Thanks guys! I would marry you guys if i could make up my mind btw the two of you (since polyandry aint legal in naija), yeah....its not just that, you'll dont like buble! shame! LOL
Oooh, I am happy!
Thats wonderful! Even for me to acknowledge. Let me give you guys the background gist that led to friday.
Monday to wednesday -general faffing and forming busy and watching MBLA and the other cuties waltz back and forth around me. Ok, that aint quite accurate. I spent more time catching up on my studies and then dealing with the volume of course work (like the one i'm ignoring now to write this). Ok.
What happened? yes, Me and my big mouth went and asked the new prospective bros some very funny questions...omo....it wasnt funny! Do you guys have moments when you ask a question you are almost certain that you know the answer; which to the best of your knowledge will affirm this 'sentimental feeling' and to your rudest shock, the answer you get is the an utterly divergent answer.
Well, trust madam teva to put herself inside a situation she no like. In fact, i vex for myself so tey...even madam yeye inc. no fit snap me out of am! Omo, e no funny o! So by friday I was in the "bite 'em" mode.
Since i'd bought the ticket since monday I knew there was a 60% chance i'd go, cuz me, if i dont feel certain about something i aint doing it man...aint nothing nobody can say about it!
But thursday night as i was putting finishing touches to my travel bag, i just thought to myself 'what the hell...' and that was it. After my morning duties, i set out. I wandered around a while, asked for directions and the other sherere (miscellanous and unnecessary activites), we began to move and my nightfall I had arrived bradford. You know the funniest thing, its as i'm writing about it now that i'm realising how beautiful the station was. Ok. Before i proceed, let me warn you that yours faithfully loves esthetics. So when i found out that house was close to the city hall which had the large clock tower that rings its bell every 30 minutes, she went 'aaaawwwwwwwwww'. You know what, that's the kinda place i'd like to get for myself. The flat is WELL postioned. Tinu's defintion of well positoned is as follows, right opposite the building is 'clarks' and to left is an all night pub' to the right are 3 banks, and thomas cook. At an angle to the left is a faboulous chinese/thai restaurant. at an 45 degrees to the right is a big screen tower in the middle of the park.
I'm not done. Right beside Clarks is McDonalds followed by this huge confectionary to cater to my occasional indulgences...and right opposite Mc-D is 24 hour pharmacy....There's a really huge shopping mall just 5 minutes from the flat and the major shopping square is simply 15 minutes walk away....what more could a girl ask for???? I tell you when I woke up this morning and thought about leaving, i cringed!

Ok. So i got in, the apartment was tight by all standards and spotless thanks to my friend's flat mate. After introductions, we just started flowing...like we'd been friends for ages. Then the guys started showing up...omo within 10 minutes the quiet homely feel had been replaced with laughter, trips and styling of guys having a good time. It was nice. Then the switched to PS 6. What will save men from games eh?? Well, like they say, its either one vice or the other...LOL. So tired teva went to bed in preparation for saturday's outings. Saturday was beautifully backed. I waka sotey my hips were aching. from shop to shop, it was bliss. Thank God I aint married yet, omo, my husband has to hide his credit card on certain days; for his and my protection LOL.
Then saturday night there was this afro-carribean party. Omo, it trips me how people are very particular and borderline fanatical about being a member of a creed or clique. It makes me wonder about the identity crisis that my friend kept mentioning through the weekend. Alot of folks aren't sure what or who they are. They just go about sampling opinions, flavours, trends and in the end they're still as empty as they were when they started. It makes me wonder about my life. Makes me wonder if i'll hold the same principles and have the same scruples about some issues if i was raised here. It must be really tough growing up now. With everyone and everything around you telling what you are/ aren't and what you should or shouldn't do. I fear for my kids yet unborn. How will they cope? hmm....

Ok. back to the party, slamming! My darling hosts abandoned me to dance wit the rockin' babes and would wink at me or catch my eyes just to show that they were still with me in spirit even though their bodies were elsewhere. LOL. By the end of the night i'd managed to loosen up enought to catch some bembele (small) trips.
Enter sunday, missed church (yeah i feel bad) and there was the arsenal-liverpool match come and see boys barajing because of arsenal. It was fun to watch. Then later we caught a movie. it was nice. On the way back, we walked and talked. It reminded me of what was missing in my side of london. A sense of calm. We strolled leisurely back, making fun of ourselves, talking and generally just having a good time. I must say that i had to remind myself that as much as i wanted to preserve the memory, I knew, I would still make better and more beautiful ones....
the legendary King sunny ade comes up with Malanu makorin ("I will open my mouth and sing and praise God") I should. In fact i am praising God, i had a wonderful break! I hope yours was as much fun as mine or better...I'm glad i said yes! for indeed it was a fabulous weekend...( I'm sure some people are like, what is it gan sef? Wetin happen wey never happen before...LOL) and if you want in on the gist behind the gist.... gimme a buzz! LOL
Have a splendid week y'all

11 Comments:

Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Haha, i'm not greeing. What kain nonsense be dis? The "gist behind the gis" my backside. Since when did we start giving half-gist on blogspot? Abeg don't come and start som'n u can't finish.

1:20 AM  
Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Ibinu mi o da o (when i'm angry, it's not a pretty sight). Anyways, glad u had a restful mini-vacation. I need one too.

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Madam, madam i-get-hot-temper...LOL, cool down! LOL.It was restful, so much so that i'm finding it hard to get back to the work tempo, but na me naaa....i be Jesus pikin!
Thanks love

8:30 AM  
Blogger Gramps said...

Is this a conservative or bashful TEVA? No nitty gritty details about the guys and yet you spent a whole weekend in such company...?



Enjoy your week...

8:32 PM  
Blogger NaijaBloke said...

LOL@bembele ..what the heck is that?
I am double buzzing u for the gist behind the gist O ..LOL
and ths SGS as u call am is not what we bargained for on this blogsville .... so u need to cure ya sef ASAP ..

Nice to know u had a good mini-vacation and u take care

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Gramps LOL...Yeah, I matured [french pronunciation] Besides, we always save the best for last

@ Naijabloke Well, only unlimited credit in a Louis Vutton / Georgio Amarni can truly cure SGS. So send your credit card... and i promise you'll get ALL the gist! LOL

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My darling teva, i have lost my blog o.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Temmy what happened? I went this morning to check for latest gist and it kept giving me this funny error.
Please tell me it will be fixed

12:58 PM  
Blogger Temmytayo said...

Darling, my blog don pafuka for life o. This is the new addy i am on now. Not blogging for a while tho. I am angry!!

1:26 PM  
Blogger NaijaBloke said...

No be only louis vutton and Georgio Armani I go send ... I go send Ralph Abamade and Yinka Isaleeko join for u.

U berra post the gist or else ..u berra ask someborri(Temmy) ...LOL

U have a nice weekend

10:40 PM  
Blogger Teva said...

What??? Temmy you see confessions....na Naijabloke organise the mishap wey do ur blog! Make we investigate the broda...LOL

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home