Name:
Location: Somewhere only we know, Distant Land

Me's a whole lot of things that even I find amusing... I'm definitely a romantic and I advocate honesty at all costs

Saturday, November 18, 2006

What's going on here????

Seems like in the last couple of days everyone knows more about me than me and what was most annoying was how i was just smiling, ignoring it, or simply let it slide which is same as nodding in agreement. And last night, the result of a date gone bad, I had had enough and was going to give 'ja' serious warning to all of them... Imagine someone telling me I have an identity crisis because i like Buble?? What the hell?! I mean, I was trying to remain polite but it was clear that i'd either leave the room or say things i'd eventually regret. I usually just ignore the ignorant talk, but sometimes it just hits the wrong nerve!
Na wa o! So its by force to carry the naija flag on my chest because i'm african?? I hate it when people take this whole 'I'm african thing' up their noses and then try to play god with other people's lives...I mean...'Y'all aint all that! So Shut the hell up!' On second thought...kiss my natural black, cute behind!!
I mean, I'm trying to be less opinionated, milder, and less pissed off with the shenanegans of all the guys I know, but it seems like the more good you try to do, the more infuriating people become. Anyways, no one will faze me! I'm good like that!

Ola amigos!!! How y'all doing?? Na wa for blogsville o! Abi virus don dey carry people's blog comot? Na so i wan go visit my darling temmy's blog and the enemies of progress don steal am go! I tried like three times, its later she tell me say na EVIL DETRACTORS! Make i warn them now...I'm bad like that! If you near my blog eh??? Holy Ghost fire go burn your yash! LOL. ( I couldn't resist putting that)
So how is everyone? For those peeps being hammered by harmathan, I emphatize and for those who are freezing in undulating temperatures...'e pele o' (Sorry o).
Yes, lets begin this evening's tales by moonlight with the a loud congratulations to my uncle and aunt, on the arrival of their bouncing baby boy (why on earth do they always refer to new babies as 'bouncing'?). Yes o! Our home in the border town between Lagos and Ogun state was the venue of the celebration. And it goes without mention that there is always drama in 'owanbe parties'. Infact, i spent close to an hour listening to my sisters go on and on about the mini-series that unfolded. Naija women and drama sha! Hmm....well, I guess when I have my own baby, i'll pull enough efizi(dazzling moves) as well. Omo, I don tire to dey transcribe this blog gan sef? Na almost everything i wan yarn no sweet reach the flavor of my wafi brothers...Haba? Na so i dey talk to one guy in my class and he ask me say 'se i dey use pigin wit am because i said 'gan sef' I laugh e??
Ok...from hence forth, ich spreche deutsh! toll! Super! Na lie! LOL. Yeah, where was I? The fantastic naming ceremony of my second cousin! It went well, lets thank God for his wonders in their lives, and i really hope this is the last baby! LOL.
Yeah, I spent some time with my girl, yeye inc. Omo, the girl na wa o! She and her love wantin tin! The yeye girl dey give me 'love counselling' because i said i didnt want MB anymore. who would? The guy's got more drama than Mc-Dreamy in Grey's anatomy.
@Md Yeye Inc : The clown had plans with freaky last night! Imagine? Thank God I didnt waste my tapping jacket for such a woeful event.
Ok. Back to tales by moonlight...Story story.....
story....
Once upon a time....
time time
I told you guys about the writing competition thing abi? Guess how far i've gone... Guess, 150 characters only. Exactly the first paragraph on the first page. i dont know what happened to me o! Maybe course work, yeah but i've been too upset with a lot of things to keep a level head and write some serious words. I've been unnecessarily touchy these past few days. First I found out the truth about MBLA and I was very disappointed. I mean it looked like we were making progress but my people, na so wind blow o! and we saw the anus of the chicken! Literally! LOL. As if that wasn't bad enough, I was hanging out with peeps over here, and they began to tasi (yap) me about my tastes...They began casually about with why I like things that most girls dont. One even said, I'm too like a guy for my own good. why dont i be more 'submissive like women are meant to be?' and them moved to my taste and delight in non-African esthetics....and to crown it all, my taste in music. To all of these, I would have smiled peacefully and left them to their rants but they had the audacity to diss Michael Buble!
WHAT????? By the end of the night, everyone had learned a valuable lesson 'thou shalt not speak ill of Buble when Teva's around!'
What most of them didnt realise was simply this, its not about buble, or milk, or doing thing the way i do. Its about you not realising how hurtful& hypocritical you get when you think that your way of life is the norm of the universe. It shows an utter disrespect for my person and the things I hold dear! Friends are meant to respect each others opinions, even when its off, you dont treat it as an open-mic night at the comedy central!
I was surprised at my outburst! I didnt know I had it in me. They later apologised after spending more than five minutes listening to me in absolute amazment! Dont mess with me...i'm gangster like that...LOL
Truth is they'd had it coming for a long long time. You know the kind of people you dread to visit because all they ever talk about is how 'off' you are. Well, I guess they'll find someone else to pick on now, 'cause this babe aint taking crap from no body...she's on FIRE!!!

Can I ask a honest question? Why do married men (think its cool to) chase single (younger) ladies? Is there an epidemic in our system that makes you marry and within two years you cant bear the thought of being around your wife and kids? Did they force you two to marry? Why cant you make it work? Must you then frustrate the life of the young girls around you just 'cause you are the boss? I guess its the naive me talking but please help me out. How do you do it? Its less than two years ago that you pledged your life to this breathtaking young woman, who soon became the mother of your children...why..oh why cant you be with her any more? And its not like they've grown fat and unkempt. No! they are still sauve. Other men still oogle her! Still you cant see it? What the hell? Or is that middle life crisis is now mid-thirties' crisis?
My case was abit mixed up,but my friend was just telling me about YET another married guy who would rather hang around her house after work than go home. He will go from club to club instead of heading home after work. What is going on with naija men these days? Same thing the shameless twirp that was chasing my kid sis who turned out to be uncle's colleague at work, married with one beautiful daughter...What more do you want?
You ruin the lives of the ladies outside, you ruin the lives of the kids in your marriage, you ruin your wife's life...why? What is it? Cant you be content? I mean why make false promises when you are not tired of running game? Its sickening! There's enough drama in the world as it is, we dont need more families falling apart! What kind of legacy are we leaving for our children...?
I mean, everyday people are getting hitched, infact in my former office, there'll be four weddings this november alone. My cousin's marrying in december, my mate's kid sis is getting married in december....alot...of them are getting married...please dont break any more hearts...
If you know that you are not ready to stick it through...dont do it! If you're not sure, its cuz you are probably still not ready!
We've lost a lot of our heritage over the years, let's not lose our sense of responsibility. Lets not kill 'the family'.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, complains about leaving comments? Just leave it as anonymous

11:48 PM  
Blogger temmy tayo said...

Hun,

Teh enemies tried o(lol) but i am an overcomer!
All those married men chaising skirts,oro won ti su mi. After all the till death do us part one wld think they shd at least chill out for 50 years before thinking of cheating. God will surely help us women.

U no fry meat for the ikomo ni?

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My darling, I know the enemies tried, but they MUST fall for our sakes...
E tire me o!Frankly that's one of the reasons i find marriage a wearysome subject.
Madam, the meet dey naija, if you wan chop, you for show up...LOL

10:07 AM  
Blogger NaijaBloke said...

Teva Teva Teva !!! how many times did I call ya name .. I u want ya blog to crash too abi ..LOLLOLOL

8:03 PM  
Blogger Dris J said...

Just passing by...nice blog and good skills too.. Going the Islamic way could have solved all these adultery issues.... I'd say lets have the right to marry four and then this problem will be reduced.. Ladies should stop despising married men too..everyone has got a story to tell!

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ naijabloke The wind has blown, now we see the anus of the chicken..yes, the perpetrator of the blog theft has finally confessed...he is none other than mr naijabloke....LOL
thanks for dropping by
@black wasp Hi, thanks for dropping by. I find it hard to see how marry 4 wives will curb infidelity but you are welcome to try to explain to me

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home