Name:
Location: Somewhere only we know, Distant Land

Me's a whole lot of things that even I find amusing... I'm definitely a romantic and I advocate honesty at all costs

Monday, May 07, 2007

Edelweiss, Edelweiss


My little brother sent me his classics collection today and you can guess which song jumped right at me....'Edelweiss' (for those of you with incomplete childhood, its one of the songs in 'Sound of Music')
It was like going back in time to the very first moment i heard those notes on the violin...fantastic!!!
It was too beautiful to resist so i decided to do research on what 'edelweiss' is. Apparently its a mountain flower that grows in Europe. its name 'edel-weiss' is from edel- which means noble and weiss which means white!
I wish we had a flower like that back home...or maybe i just dont know the English name for it. It was weird, but hearing that song play over and over again took me back home...to the sweet smell of boli, the music playing softly over our many noisy danfo drivers, the smiling children playing football in the street, the 'feferity owambe parties that we are so famous for..... Aaaah!!! there really is no place like home.

Anyways i have some gossip! LOL. my parnter in crime Yeye Inc has found a breakthrough in the art of loving and being in love...Ladies and gentlemen, i present to you 'Symbo-Love' short for symbiotic love!
This unique type of love establishes a rare and strong connection with one's lover such that, if you dont sleep, they dont sleep....YES Ladies and gentlemen, you could be the proud owner of a lover who is completely in-tune with you.
For a limited fee only, Yeye inc and her beau will demonstrate the superior technique of 'rubbing' that can last 7 harsh months in jand....LOL (FYI this is payback for her making my life an episode of grey's anatomy)

Great things are happening my people.
..my once confirmed bachelor friend has thrown in the towel and wants to join the married folks. For real!! I am totally psyched for him! And for my *^7^&^$%$ loving self! If my friend can change, there's hope for men out there!! maybe even for our newest recruit.
Ok, I have to go read now...
Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever...

in our case... it should be.

iroko tree, iroko tree
bless my homeland forever!

4 Comments:

Blogger Delilah 3 said...

LOL. Iroko tree Igi Araba bless my home land forever. That Edelweiss song still gives me goose pimples, that was the best song in the movie. why did you mention boli now? i think i have to waka go Naija very soon. I am just tired of eating surrealistic food. the plantain here is not that good,it tastes like flavored overgrown banana. Kokoye plantain for that matter and those chinese people try to fry it like we do and make a disaster out of it.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Dolly said...

Great post

9:28 AM  
Blogger Teva said...

@delilah aaaaaaaaww sweetie, you are such a softie, just like me.LOL. yes o! thanks
@ hey dolly thanks for the holla

8:13 PM  
Blogger temmy tayo said...

What is with this new found love between you and delilah 3. I hope u r not trying to snatch my friend.

Well, abuse me o: I dont like sound of music. Yeah! And that doesnt mean my childhood was not complete.

Abeg, u fit hook me and yeye inc together? lol

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home