Name:
Location: Somewhere only we know, Distant Land

Me's a whole lot of things that even I find amusing... I'm definitely a romantic and I advocate honesty at all costs

Monday, July 31, 2006

Weekend Gist

(P.s. Blog was written on sunday)
It’s finally over! The last of the dishes are back on the racks or in the store; the huge pots are safely tucked in their section of the inner pantry.
Mama’s going to have my neck because not only did her precious cream and purple chain vanish; her party silverware is short by three. Men, I don’t think I’m looking forward to this on a permanent basis. Being married with kids must be hard work! Kudos to all the mamas out there! It’s superhuman to be a mom!
The part that tripped me during the cooking was that every kind of pottery, plastic bowls of all sizes; cooking utensils…you just name it! I’ll probably find it stowed somewhere in my mom’s pantry…
“Tinu, abo oni’deri nla yen ko?”(Tinu, where’s that bowl with a big lid?)
“Asee onike yin da?” (Where’s the plastic strainer?) “Se eni garawa, a fe ponmi?(Do you have a drum? We want to fetch some water) And as sure as daylight I would spot the desired item in seconds. Apart from manning the pantry, delivering utensils, and being the major errand girl for the first eight hours of yesterday, it was a fun day. I had a firsthand understanding of the phrase when the bridegroom is here, the companions are at ease. Just in case you don’t know where that is from, let me clue you in. Remember the time when the Pharisees accused Jesus that his disciples were not fasting. He said that as along as the bridegroom is around, his companions rejoice; but when he leaves they will do more than you do. Well, you can imagine who can’t dodge chores anymore. No more playing truancy for baby Tinu
Uuhhuh! For those of you that refused to take that flight to be at this wonderful event, you missed! Tuface idibia live in our crib singing Tupac’s latest single “Aint she pretty?” with guest appearances by Samuel L Jackson and by popular demand, the 21st century crooner Michael Buble. You wish! LOL. More celebs had to change their plans when the news of Funso Williams’ death hit the tabloids. Eh ya, what a shame!
A girl can dream can’t she? It won’t be too bad. Maybe I should put that on my wedding wish list. Yep, a note to all the I-really-want-to-marry-you-Tinu guys out there; Start by booking a live performance by Buble for the proposal! LOL. Omo be like say the champagne’s still fizzing through me.
Okay, back to the party! It was aight, a little dull at first but the tempo picked up and people started trooping in. A lot of strange faces (didn’t know my little sis had this many creepy looking friends, Jeez!) But it was fun sha, There was a tapping Dj (in the person of my very able cousin). We had to wait for the celebrant. She couldn’t come back with us on Friday ‘cause of a meeting (Or so she wants us to think).
Only two of my guests came. Imagine! Upon all my mouth say I get tapping friends who would move heaven and earth for me…Woo I’m coming after all of you! I’ll show you pepper! LOL And I’m not going to give you any pieces of the cake! You just try it on my birthday and all heaven will let loose!
By the way, that joyous day will soon be upon us, what am I going to do? I need some creative ideas to make the party off the hook. By the way I seem to be launching a more intuitive part of me these days (no wonder most o’them guys are sticking around)
In other news, his imperial majesty decided to swoop down and capture his unsuspecting prey. Little did he know that the bird he thought he could peck was an Eagle waiting to launch! Glory!!! Omo it was fantastic…now I know that the word works! It was fantastic, I waltzed right through the fire giving glory to God. For those of you out there that know me, you would understand how hard that should have been for me because if you think my hands and my skin are the softest parts of me…well you just don’t know! I’m looking forward to so many things at the same time! This is awesome!!!!
I’m actually tempted to put some pictures of the party up on my blog site, but it’s up to our youngest graduate to decide that.
So people! Send comments o!!! I told y’all I wanted to start my third book by august so let the inspiration rain! If it’s any consolation, when I become rich and famous I’ll acknowledge you on live TV…LOL. You guys have a great week ahead!
See ya

3 Comments:

Blogger Miguel said...

Tevaaa you went amiss five whole days (still haven't figured out why naijas say that)...so where is my pomo? nope i don't want cow leg i want Pomo...
glad to see you are back!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Teva said...

@miguel Glad to be back man!!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Teva said...

@temmy
Up to flower vase?You must have been very naughty! Glad you could relate to it. Nice blog too

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home