Name:
Location: Somewhere only we know, Distant Land

Me's a whole lot of things that even I find amusing... I'm definitely a romantic and I advocate honesty at all costs

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

ITs new, its fresh....its the NEW YEAR!!!

My people, it must be that the holiday has been overwhelmingly beautiful that i've not had time to update my blog. Well Happy new year everyone and welcome to 2007, our year of supernatural accomplishments. I sat up through last night watching the many ways people rejoiced into the new year. Some were at time square, some had huge street parties....trust, yours faithfully was in church (community church) for that matter! Long, long story! Still, it was nice! Getting to hug my little brother first in 2007 and re-enacting the gentleman's agreement with his imperial majesty was nice.
Now that the new year's festivities are winding to a close, what are our new year resolutions? What did we do last year that we aint gonna do no more? And what are we planning to put into full swing this new year? I hear some brothers going 'I'm gonna nail that dream job this year!', 'I'm getting my promotion this year!' I think one prevalent would be the sistas going 'Its about time I got hitched!' LOL.
Dont laugh! I'm not laughing either...well not really! Well, I cant really laugh, why? Well because my father did a number on me this cross over. Hmm, it wasnt funny o! It was all childs play at first. he was making really out-of-tune jokes about having 28 kids and building an empire full of babies...sure that would crack any silly rib; but come december 31st 2006 / jan 1 2007 ...miss Teva was summoned for a father-daughter chat. Now, that rarely...i mean RARELY happens! The last time that happened was when we had that 'birds and bees lecture' which was followed by stern warnings of how wicked guys are (Too true!!!). So this time, I knew the theme had to be one and only!
For my own good, i'll spare y'all the gory details! Suffice me to say, i've been sent out to the world to produce a husband ASAP!! So guys...beware! LOL. When it was over, I sent Yeye inc a text, bemoaning my latest predicament, you wont believe the silly girl burst out laughing. She laughed so hard she almost got fired from her job...yeye girl!! She even coined a song for me 'I am looking for a hussi ....Teva Maintain' Nonesense!!! LOL.

Now that Teva has been mandated to go and HARVEST a husband, i'd appreciate some husband-netting skills! So please if you have useful advice on how to snag (and this is in no particular order) a FINE, INTERESTING, RICH, SOPHISTICATED, well-balanced, God-fearing man who likes to cook and massage...please let me know and include their contact details P.s. Naijabloke's financial, spiritual and physical assets have not been verified so dont nominate him. All we know is that he cracks jokes....I tell you say na ali baba i wan marry??? LOL. Much love NB...

Ok. What's up people? I have contemplated coding my vacation trips... but I'm a girl of my word, so here's a national-geographic-type documentation of the vacation. Enjoy!!!

At exactly 8.01pm, our plane touched down at the German airport. I looked out the window, the airport was almost an exact replica of our airport of departure...hmmm?Had heathrow's calamity befallen our clear skies and had us re-routed back home?hmm?
'Welcome to Germany' the air hostess said with her ever-professional smile. 'The outside temperature is 3C and we are currently ...' So we had arrived. Nice!!! I tapped my sleeping brother, "We're here!" We left the plane, picked our luggage and went to the reception area to be welcomed by our hosts. All the while, i was smiling, excited that our long awaited holiday was about to begin and waiting for the VACATION RUSH!! For some reason, the vacation rush didnt hit. The vacation rush is the 1 minute of pure adrenaline rush followed by 4 minutes of unbelievable relaxation (untensing of every muscle in my body) when i arrived at a holiday spot. This phenomenon was first discovered in 1990, on our trip to....SCRATCH!!!! LOL...Damn! That was boring!
Let's re-write that, with a bit of more flavour shall we???

Hallo people...i see salivating mouths, and glued attention as i begin the documentation of my German Holiday!!! Well, in one concise and well suited word, it was AWESOME!!!!!!!! I didnt get a full body massage, and well i didnt get up to a dozen admirers, but it was fabulous!
To begin, i want to thank God! We got great genes in my family! Yes o! This discovery was amazing! Its was totally unexpected, but more than tremendously satisfying. The best way to put it is to say Its simply like driving into traffic jam and suddenly discovering that you can fly. However, the gist that led to this wonderful discovery has an age restriction so you need to send me your authentic ID, or your birth certificate...so that i can tell you. HEY! I'm a law abiding citizen!! And for all y'all who's minds are raging to the extreme ends of the earth....NA wa for you o!!! I didnt say it was that far!!! LOL.
Germany was great guys! My hosts were wonderful. I'm considering posting some spectacular sights here.

GIST PROPER
Let's drop it like its hot! On a powerpoint presentation.
Highlight 1 : Teva arrives
When we arrived, we spent a couple of moments settling in. Later on, we had a light dinner (I cant remember the name, but it had knodel in it (pls note that knodel has an umlaut)). After that we settled to some home entertainment around the fireplace with some sweetened spirits!
Slept late. Woke around 10.30am. Joined the family for breakfast in the midst of idle chit chat. We went grocery shopping for a couple of hours, returned, changed and went sight seeing.
Until then i didn't know that Christmas day wasnt 25th in Germany (like back home). It was 24th and we had to buy presents, and all other supplies because shops would be closed 23rd through 25th. Nice! At the back of my mind, i was wondering where the 'katangora' was. LOL. Abi i lie??? No such luck my friends. My host wouldnt hear of it. At that point, i was wondering whether he was workiing for the tourism minister or was on my side. All the restaurants we went were either 5 star or really expensive. All the places had HUGE houses! (I thought they said, they have space problem here?) Well, i guess wealth talks every language...and there aint nothing impossible if you have the right amount of coloured paper'
After doing hours of photography and driving around. We came back home to another traditional german dinner. You know, i should try to memorize these things. I didnt even take them pictures because as soon as they landed on the dinner table, the 'devourers' pounced on them...It would have been a peter-pan and oliver twist experience except that we were being civil and we didnt want to offend our hosts.
The next day was the famous and afore-warned boring christmas. we sat at the table for a while and talked about it for hours, making fun of ourselves. Sharing really silly things we'd done. It was nice! I mean, i hadn't seen them for six to seven years now and it was like i'd never left. We bonded quite well.

Highlight 2:When in Rome....
The christmas tradition in germany is pretty simple. On that hallowed day, make a fantastic feast, go to church and if you are up to it, party till day break. So its pretty clear what i did!
To begin with, it was a fantastic 3 course dinner, one tat left me really really stuff. I mean, i had so many colours of food in my plate, i had orange from the carrot soup, redish cabbage, brown from the mushroom soup, pink and cream from the stuffed roast duck...to name the least. As i am an advocate for cultural diversity, this shouldnt be new...hmmm, omo! Eating that much colour in one seating required alot of courage. One that was well supplied.
After dinner was exchange of christmas gifts (apparently the culture of boxing day skipped a state!).
P: 'So Teva, are you staying home or hanging out with me??'
T: 'O tun naa?? (are you asking??)'
P: 'cause i'm leaving in a couple of min-[rush of wind! As Tevalistic Teva rushes into her room with super human speed, dresses up, and returns before he finishes the word ]-tes...!
[surprised P]: Waoh, you are ready!

Highlight 3: Vacation RUSH!
In some minutes, two of P's friends picked us up. The four of us went over to another friend's place to meet the rest of the crew. There was the T the aussie-looking german actor, M the quarter korean magazine writer, Q the mr. bean look-alike. he also happened to be a sales person (talk about aligning talents) LOL, S the blue-eyed frodo look alike. Needless to say, it had to be Frodo-look alike (what is it with me and look alikes??) His eyes werent as deep as frodo's and he's blonde. he's not perfectly sculptured but he's tastefully tall and has a very nice sense of humour. he ony looked as delicious! Ok. I said that i'd repented. yeah but i'm on vacation...everything's legal...LOL.
We soon headed to a really nice bar. P introduced me to like 8 guys...lol, talk about taking care of your guest. Well, after 5 minutes of conversation with them, i was more than eager to move on. We (about 8 of us) moved to a table in the bar and there we ordered rounds upon rounds. I got to meet people and their intended, girlfiends of yesteryears...All this while, S (who will now be referred to as Frodo) had been really quite, he answered a couple of questions when we were at M's apartment but in all he'd been the only slightly reserved guy at the table..Enter Vacation Rush!!!
The S- Frodo look alike comes back to join us at the table and we talked...and talked and talked...Even though he had a really perculiar accent when he spoke, still, he was absolutely animated...
We talked about a lot of things...and then the dj started playing my song...ooh yeah, so we got dancing. To be fair to him, i was moderately impressed and the rest of the night went like magic.
Conclusion:
Woke up around 1 pm the next day. Hmmm???? Yeah...its all good. It was my vacation, and all the things I needed to happen...happened.

7 Comments:

Blogger NaijaBloke said...

First of all ..Happy New year to u.

So na me u just disrep for here "Naijabloke's financial, spiritual and physical assets have not been verified so dont nominate him. All we know is that he cracks jokes....I tell you say na ali baba i wan marry??? LOL. Much love NB..." which yeye much love be that ...LOL

Nice to know u had a nice time on ur vac and abeg u did not finish the story o ..what happened after the dance dance dance ..cos u need to expantiate on that ..LOL

May all ur heart desires be granted in 2007

10:51 PM  
Blogger temmy tayo said...

Your dad is the man after my heart. You should hurry up and harvest a man o, but you will have to ask him where he planted the man!

Glad you had fun on your vac. Naija is fun tho i don catch catarrh for here no thanks to dust in Abuja.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Teva said...

@ Naijabloke lol, a whole fine boy like you suppose trust ya self na! if na true say u fine, and u rich, you no go fear if we wan investigate...LOL
Dont worry, full gist in 2 editions...did u put up ur pix>?

@Temmy My personal person.Omo me sef wish say na naija i go but omo, Germany ROCKED!!!! Happy new year to i too my darlin' and i bind the cattarh in Jesus name!

6:51 PM  
Blogger NaijaBloke said...

See me see trouble o..this na a total example of the saying that goes like "we ask u to help us blow the splinter outta my eye and u went and put pepper in ur mouth"
Afetr u dan disrep me finish,u come dey psyche me again ....LOL

Yeah I put it up for a day and took it down ..I will put it up again on a certain day this month ..

U take care and have a lovely week

10:56 PM  
Blogger NaijaBloke said...

Lest I forget ..UPDATE YA BLOG JO

10:57 PM  
Blogger temmy tayo said...

Update hun!

5:08 PM  
Blogger temmy tayo said...

Update hun!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home