Name:
Location: Somewhere only we know, Distant Land

Me's a whole lot of things that even I find amusing... I'm definitely a romantic and I advocate honesty at all costs

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Too many cooks

Hi y’all…it’s been an exciting two weeks I believe. Full of ups and down…in fact, I’d say this is the first rollercoaster ride I’ve been on in recent memory…. I’ve had more mood swings than a teenager high on some really cheap stuff! I always prided myself in how much I’ve changed since my last job, how I’ve ‘matured’[ –mu’tyurd ], gained some weight (in the right places of course), and like I-man usual says ‘ripen for the pluckin’ Come to think of it, I’ve actually not spoken with him in a while…to think we were almost inseparable during my school days…how life changes!
If someone had told me in the June of 2004 that come June 2006 you will not set eyes on I-man more than thrice; I would have laughed silly. I would have told the person that he/she was probably one of the blindest prophet-wannabe of our time because if you know I- and I, we are more than friends, we are practically soul mates! We had this really strong connection that I could swear would last through eternity…When I said in an earlier blog that I’d had it bad a couple of times, well I-man was as bad as it gets….Lets face it, its not everyday you meet a guy that just happens to be you with a Y-chromosome. Even though there were no gsm’s back then…the landlines had to be locked to keep me from talking to him. Even that was child’s play.
We had talked through everything…my anguish, my fears, my tears…and he’s the first guy I met that really talks about his feelings (as soon as he finds words for them). Then someone would now say that we’d drift apart that much???? That had to be a devil that should be bound! LOL. But here we are today…more acquaintances than friends…It really makes me wonder if that’s not what happens to marriage.
You start out like inseparable halves on huge highs and you both take it for granted and life’s activities…getting that promotion, taking care of the baby, doing all that matter to you; ends up taking up your lives. Soon you become flat mates, rather than soul mates….Hmmm…
Anyways, so I started this week feeling really excited. Then all these horrible mails started trooping in, and I just started sinking…then I got some ‘word-injection’ and stabilized but that fizzled out over the weekend when I locked lips with devil and promptly ensued him again. As though that wasn’t bad enough my friend who woke me up the other night was having it worse than I thought….Jesus, why can’t we all fall for angels eh?? And must every good guy be nerd-looking?? Haba? Is it ALWAYS an either-or situation?? Either they are hot and evil or nerd-looking and good? Aren’t there Clark Kent’s, or peter parkers among us today? Even if we can’t get the upright, forthright few, aren’t there good looking, well shaven- good guys? Must they all be sloppy and selfish like Vince Vaughn in Break-up?
Tinu’s verdict on Bad guys: They are like cheap drugs, they only get you high, they don’t keep you there! I’m so angry I could smack the taste right out of his mouth (if my hands were strong enough…on second thought, I’d hire someone to smack the taste out of his mouth). I’m very concerned about my friend…and the sad thing is I can’t seem to get her to see the truth about it all. What do I do? If anyone has ideas on how to get a good girl to leave a playa…please let me know. You would be saving a soul (and getting me some quality sleep…aaaaaahh that was mean, I’m sorry! I didn’t mean it that way…ooh me and my big mouth)

OK….BACK TO MY ROLLERCOASTER RIDE……
A lot of emotions man, yeah and that’s what brings up the many cooks theory….Its amazing how everyone always has advice for you on how to manage your love life, how to manage your relationships, how to manage your business especially after you’ve started doing things right….man….after a while, I just keep a plastic smile on and waltz through it all. And I believe things are beginning to look better for me and my super ex-girlfriend. She’s starting to get a wave of promising young men dropping by! In case you’re wondering who my super ex-girlfriend is, well lets just say she’s one person that stuck with me (by force, if I do say so myself…yes …don’t roll your eyes) You remember very well. Well now, its paying off because we are so very similar, we’ve been through similar things…errrrh recently LOL and we’re pretty close! Thumbs up to my super ex-girlfriend!!!! Make sure you kick ‘Mr.’ butt with your flying kick as the true Agu Nwanyi that you are…LOL.
Have a great day guys!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dris J said...

uhn, now I'm getting scared of you oo. i hope u r not planning on forming a group of PPDE?

Anywayz, if ur friend needs to get over that guy, get her anoda playa.. U take mo drink to quench ur hangover!

OBTW, PPDE=Previously Played Daughters of Eve

5:53 PM  
Blogger Teva said...

@yinka - Get a wife!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home