Name:
Location: Somewhere only we know, Distant Land

Me's a whole lot of things that even I find amusing... I'm definitely a romantic and I advocate honesty at all costs

Monday, February 05, 2007

Romance in February.....

When i woke up yesterday, it was just another day in February, I read my Bible and said my morning prayers, prayed especially for my family, my naughty friends, my country nigeria and the other regular 'prayer points'. I was about to get up but I couldnt shake this nudging feeling like there were things i wasnt talking about. So i found myself hanging at my bed's edge for five more minutes in silence, struggling to verbalise words wedged in my throat.
The usual bail out was 'Lord i'm grateful because you know what I need and you'll give me the desires of my heart' but I wasnt getting away with it today, in fact, my devotional reading about defining our desires in prayer, Mark 10:51. Jesus asked the blind man what he wanted him to do for him. I mean it was painfully obvious what the guy desired but the man had to voice his desire in faith and he received his sight. My desires are so many!!!
Sometimes it frightens me to think that only me wants all the things that i do. I really want to stop world hunger. Dont get me wrong, I'm not giving a miss world speech but i must confess i'm terrorized by pictures of hungry children all around the world, especially in Africa. Just imagine how many kids would sleep with food tonight if we gave a cent/penny/kobo each.
That of course is the nobel part of my heart, there are obviously some less-than-noble parts, like the part that wants to buy an island, the part that wants to own a ranch....etc.
Okay, when i got tired of not speaking, I decided to be a sharp kid and run from confronting the spirit's gaze. Omo, little did i know...
First i got out of my room and my flatmate was so excited about this prospective guy she would be seeing during the week. "I'm so glad, good news!" Ok. I started rushing out to class, my phone rings, its my kid sis.
SIS: "O gal, guess who's in Naija?"
ME: "Who? Udini???"
SIS: "Your papi!"
ME: "What? I thought he said he'd be in the states...."
SIS: "Apparently he wanted to surprise his wife"

Another 10 minutes i was off the phone and biffing them like mad. Omo, see this old people that should spend their time wondering about me, they are planning valentines'. can you imagine? Aren't they too old for that?? Me dey find valentine's runs...at that very moment, na im the spirit nudge me say 'aunty, na you no ask o!'
I dey ask o! Infact, i over ask like simon peter.
And the word is simply this..."Ask and ye shall receive...Seek and ye shall find, Knock and the door will be open unto you, for whoever asks receives, whoever seeks finds, and to however knocks the door shall be open...

Have a fabulous week!!!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

What happened to Naijabloke being ur valentine, eh? Imma have to call him (scratch that read: stalk him), for you.

NAIJABLOKE: If u read this, u msutn't slack o, Teva is expecting her teddy bear and vals day goodies.

3:12 PM  
Blogger 4wardnfiaca said...

nna,
this one na real wah o. infact, as i dey read am na im me 2 beging verbalize them things wey i been dey think say God sabi...
thank u jare my sista

4:30 PM  
Blogger Jennifer A. said...

Its as if you were reading my head or something...sometimes I dunno whether I feel like I'm shy before God or something...but we really need to verbalize E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-I-N-G...even if u don't understand what you're asking, ask God to explain...

I guess I'm learning too o...See what Jabez asked nko...to me that would have been kinda like a "big thing" to ask, but dude got what he wanted!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Teva said...

@ Cherub LOL, thanks o! Please hound him on my behalf. My teddy must arrive without delay...exactly 1 week today...LOL. Of which aunty bijoux, take am easy wit the harrassing of my big bros...We go fight o! the clash of the Siblings...LOL

@4wardnfiaca You welcome darlin', please update your blog, i verbalised....LOL

@Jaycee HAllo hon, been a while.Hope you good. Always glad to help

10:28 AM  
Blogger temmy tayo said...

You can be my valentine if Naija Bloke decides to be a slacker.LOL

12:19 PM  
Blogger 4wardnfiaca said...

me sef dey look 4 falantain. abeg hook a sista up jare

9:04 AM  
Blogger Teva said...

The association of Valentine-Hook-Ups is now in session, chairperson Miss Teva will now hand over to the secretary, Miss Temmy. LOL
And our first victim is...LOL

Guess what? I think i'm in LOVE....YEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

9:24 AM  
Blogger temmy tayo said...

In love with who??????????

3:01 PM  
Blogger Miguel said...

Temmy i think your question should be "in love with WHAT?"

3:10 PM  
Blogger Teva said...

Due to 'hatin', i'm not going to yarn further...but I think i am...I really think its true...OMG, i dont know whether to scream for joy or to shake in fear!!

@Temmy, I'll let you know after vals
@Miggie, you are just a 'playa-hater!!!!' LOL

5:26 PM  
Blogger NaijaBloke said...

Y'all know who Teva is in love with now,wetin u been think say my raps go do... the last chic I compose that kain rap for stalked me for close to 6yrs before I bail comot for the city without a trace.

So Teva I dan hear from my very reliable source that am suppose to be a back-up valentine abi and part of my goodies si suppose to be shared amongst some ppl on here.
Anyway make I hold my peace first.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Delilah 3 said...

Teva, no be only you o. I am really in need of a Val. I think Temmy needs one too so if u fit organize something for your end we no go mind. The big thing is that God knows best.

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home