Name:
Location: Somewhere only we know, Distant Land

Me's a whole lot of things that even I find amusing... I'm definitely a romantic and I advocate honesty at all costs

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Am I too optimistic????

Ok. So we've stayed here for like how many days now? and all we've done is shop, max out Dad's credit card, cook and clean and shop and cook and shop and cook and cook and cook....Damn!! Ok. maybe this isnt coming out right.
See my dad decided he wanted to have a father-daughter talk, i figured it was the same ole same ole....dont do this, guys are this....you know after that Sex-education thing at age 11, i dont think we've had that kind of talk when he calls you by all your names....
So when i got there, i was expecting something in that line...what would his imperial majesty say?
"You dont like to cook....Why? You are a woman...You will be the mother of the house someday....you need to smile when you are cooking and enjoy it (okay? I think that was the aftermath of thursday's incident but for a conclusion???Haba, you've not seen me in how many years and all you can think of is that i dont cook?)
Well the usual sermon takes about an hour to 2 depending on how many times u answer back so i did myself a huge favour and shut up! so in a record's breaking 45 mins, he said i could go. Hmmmm
At first i wondered if it wasnt another ploy to tell me that i should go get married or something because now he's on this 10-minute cycle questioning of if i still like igbo...Long story! Let me give you the summary. According to my parents, the first words i spoke were igbo and even while in school most of my friends (guys) are non-yoruba as such his imperial majesty seems to think that i'm heading toward that....hmmmmm!
ok. Its not that i dont like to cook, its just that i like oriental food, spicy, colourful food. my dad believes that good food should only have 2 colours at most (black...i.e Amala) or white i.e iyan. Everything else with more than two colours is a real turn off. Me, on the other hand, i like experimenting with food. I once made green-spotted yam pottage and my mom said, put palm oil and pepper in it 'cuz my siblings will not like it. See?? Curbing my creativity.....LOL!
And what is it with these fathers and getting their daughters hitched? I think its the grand child itch. Well he can itch all he wants, nobody's going to organise man for me!
i thought about it again, is that really all there is to life as a woman....to please some guy? Yeah, we all want the fireworks and yearn for companionship but how much of ourselves are we willing to trade for it? because believe it or not, its more of her giving that determines whether the marriage lasts. There's gotta be more to life...(Stacie Oricco)
Anyways, tomorrow is my birthday and i'm wondering...what's this new year going to be like? and what exactly did i achieve in the last one? Well I got my first job. I've met a whole lot of people. I fell in and out of love (still feel the burns of falling...LOL). I made some really tough choices this year. I reached diplomatic immunity with his imperial majesty (finally there's respect for the individual). Saw my baby. Gained new found respect for my mother. Learned to cope with people just as opinnionated as myself (...yes, gramps i'm talking about you). And yes i've found more of Christ's love [believe me, its still as astounding to me as it was the first day i gave my life]. I didnt write the book..partly cause you guys didnt give me any inspiration...LOL and i didnt do the crazy stuff i wanted to do last year... SO 2007, beware!!! LOL
today is my last day as a twenty-@#$%!&%$$ year old! Yipee!!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Dedayo said...

tee, hapy bday. Bn tryin to reach u all day bt the server at wk is dwn. Will e -mail afta wk. Hapy bday again

4:33 PM  
Blogger Miguel said...

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday Teva, Happy birthday to you...

Abeg where the rice ooo?

5:17 PM  
Blogger Teva said...

@temmy, you didnt wish me a happy bday...Anyways thanks dear,Regarding the food...i'm lookin for a man that likes my concotion food! LOL

@Dedayo..thanks dear, it means alot!

@Miguel...miggie man, se you will come cook for me? i'll fly you here and back if you will...LOL. Thanks man!

6:10 PM  
Blogger TMinx said...

Which means is ur bday today..im so smart! Happy Birthday

8:36 PM  
Blogger Dedayo said...

u've got d funiest blog friends eva. N dey sure no hw to yap. Chek out temmy: i lv cookn bt only.......
tot u'ld hv updated today sha bt its stil d same.
To all u celtel pips out dia, u can nw acces ur blogs n post coments via mobile fone.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Happy b'day Madam Teva, i know i'm kinda late, but better late than never, right? You're even celebrating ur special day with ur parents and siblings, that makes it more special i guess.

Your popsy just wants to make sure u're not becoming an opinionated feminist (please u feminists out there, don't bite my head off). You know the likes, plus maybe he's found one of his friend's sons to matchmake u with, so he has to break the news little by little nau. Enjoy

1:02 AM  
Blogger Dris J said...

Olojo ibi ijo kan e o, se kia ko da wa lohun..lol

Teva, didn't know you were like this,(dropping ur paper at d FC, so that u wnt lay Suya and Ice cream 4 d crew). We no go gree oo, cos u chop oda pple own!

Anywayz, I wish you many happy returns of the day. Long life and prosperity. Hip! Hip!! Hip!!!...

BTW, talking abt cooking, you better start learning ooo! I tell you what, from the wisdom of an old man, there are only 3 ways 2 satisfy a man; gud food, gud food, and gud f***k. (sure ur old man knows and dats y he is teaching u d one he can possibly teach!)
No fake chinese food sha oooo!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Teva said...

@Taureanminx LOL. You are smart alright! LOL
@dedayo Young man, i've had a really long travel. i need rest. i'll give you update within the week.
@Bijuoxoxo Young lady!! If no be say you be my person, i for vex! how you go say i be opinnionated feminist. I got some enemies who would relish that statement for eternity....LOL. Thanks Luv, esp for the thots included
@olayinka No worry, na one of me stragedies...LOL. Y'all invited to the after party in my school. LOL. dont worry, i've tucked your words in me left hand...Thx

7:13 AM  
Blogger LondonBuki said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Ha! Madam Teva, no be like dat nau. I said ur popsy just wants to be sure u're not becoming one. I didn't say u're one. Are we cool now? Why would i want to give "those people" i.e. ur enemies something to relish?

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Teva said...

@Temmy, thanks love! Very well appreciated
@LondonBuki, Merci madamouiselle
@Bijuoxox LOL.my dear its not like that, its because u dont know my new critics...they are top-notch!so i have to be double sure...LOL. no worries dear! Thanks
@Zaiprincesa Merci! Thank you so much

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home