Name:
Location: Somewhere only we know, Distant Land

Me's a whole lot of things that even I find amusing... I'm definitely a romantic and I advocate honesty at all costs

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Ole ole ole ole....

At 5.30am our very long slightly turbulent flight landed at charles d' Guille airport. I yarned so loud the guy beside me burst out laughing. I didn't sleep well through the flight, always interrupted by the clouds flinging themselves at us. So we disembark and there's this cute immigration guy who just wouldnt let my sister through...he checks and double checks and triple checks causing quite a backlog of fliers waiting to go through. Just as i had lost my patience and loaded my mouth with the venom the guy turns to her, smiles and says "Okay mademoiselle, enjoy your stay."
Imagine the deflation! Anyways, took another one hour train and I finally got my thirty minutes of sleep. when i opened my eyes i saw this person staring at me across several tables. he smiles, i look at him with this look like "Do i know you?" Just then i looked outside the window and my mama was already at the station! Yes o! My people...i have arrrived and my mom was the first person i saw...yep my mama!!! She looks cuter now and omo i didnt believe that i didnt run to hug her...man, i'm getting vain! LOL. I jumped at my mom...man, i havent seen her in a while. so excuse me mr fine-man-staring-at-this-mushy-scene-of-mama-daughter-reunion....LOL, well my sisters beat me off her so they could get theirs.
So we took a taxi and we got home in like 20 minutes...see gist! we were talking and talking and talking that I think the taxi guy stepped on it so that we wouldnt ambush him or something...
You know the irony, immediately we stepped into the house we just sought out sleeping areas and crashed!
Mom comes back and insist we give her the gist. I look at the amber clock over the bed [grumbling] man, i've only been asleep for one hour!
i dont want to hear it...Up you get!! What's been happening? That's how a two hour long gist marathon began. we each took turns telling and telling and telling. Finally she wants to go make lunch. Ope o! Now i can get some sleep! So I sneak off to the room and resume my paused sleep program.
Man the next thing i knew a very familiar, fuzzy face was standing over me...who is this again??? I forced my eyes to focus and voila...MY BABY!!! Aaaah i jumped! My groggines had disappeared and hugged him so tight i didnt want to let him go. Man, he's taller now...way too tall, the guy's already my height and BIG!! Look at you!!! i pulled his chubby cheeks and really smiled! he looked really bushed, i spent the next half hour trying to adjust to his new frame and grammar. Damn the boy is on like 21 words per second now...see what jand does to our children...LOL.
Then i went back to sleep! I still havent slept to my satisfaction cuz man, with the cold that has been hovering me for a while, i know i need more fluids and rest. Just when i was getting to dream land my dad got back..ooh he wanted the whole story.....so we started again! THE WHOLE STORY!!! (we couldnt like tell the guy to ask his wife now could we?)
Well after that, i figured my hopes for an afternoon nap had be crushed so i concentrated on finishing up and sleeping early. We ate lunch, cleaned up and mom insists we come to mid-week service [MOM, we just got here!!!!] Its either that, or you go guys go window shopping with your dad! She hadn't finished the statement before we all leaped into our shoes and jackets and jumped after her. It wasnt bad! it's not like the usual naija 5hour-midweek service, this one was like people jisting about the stuff they'd discovered about God that week. It was over in like 45 minutes. It was nice, introductions, gist and prayer only; the people were really friendly [about the 12 of them] and the church looked like a house...what am i saying, it is a house! It just had a home feel to it. Well I guess i wont be grumbling to go to church on sunday!
We got home after another long walk, made dinner...gist..clean..family devotion...summary is we didnt hit the sack until 11.15pm. Omo, my nose was heavy and my throat was sore! I really wanted to sleep til noon today but old habits die hard, i was up by 6...
In all, the stats so far isnt too bad since my arrival:
No of sleep hours: 13hrs in 3 days
No of potential stalkers: 2 (one hairy skinny, 1neighbour)
No of crushes: None (thats a new record!)
No of pix taken : 21
No of things not to do: 3
No of chores left (right now) : 2
Did i mention that my mom cant wait to show off her daughters at this meeting thing tomorrow? Men, i don enter am. At this rate, i wonder when my vacation will start! Will keep you posted!

11 Comments:

Blogger Gramps said...

No of crushes: None (thats a new record!)
Aaahhhhh!! and yet you said "Cute Immigration Guy?" You trying to fool somebody....?

Hmmmmm, I'm wondering, were you really angry at the immigration guy that he was taking too long at your sis or you were wishing you were the one he was taking too long with? I mean with all your tiredness, you still recognized clearly he was CUTE.....

Anyway, see what mama's presence can do. She has cured you of your record of crushes..And if you still have that your diary...(where you pulled your excerpt from...) you better go hide it real deep. Mother's have a funny way of finding such things. Hey, they don't snoop, they just happen to go to the right... "wrong...?"...place.

Well, sleep well.., hug your baby, don;t pull his cheek too hard. One babe might just appear from somewhere and give you a look....

2:25 PM  
Blogger Teva said...

Gramps na wa for u! Analysis all the time! Wonder what'll happen to u if u couldnt analyse anytin. Cuz he's cute dont mean i should crush on him...Ma mama's gonna beat u for all them tins u said LOL

3:45 PM  
Blogger Miguel said...

lol@gramps... Teva vanity is not a process oooo YOU ARE VAIN...period! ..lol

4:20 PM  
Blogger Teva said...

i am not Vain!!! [cries] I just like cute guys...is that such a bad thing??

4:37 PM  
Blogger Miguel said...

I can't picture you crying

6:31 PM  
Blogger Teva said...

LOL...i cry, like when i found out that Thierry was married..LOL. So how did the baking go? I can actually picture a house surrounded by the channel 9 news crew,the street barcaded, the CIA securing civilian traffic, the fire department armed and ready, the insurers and we (your able blog fan based connected live via webcam) to watch the unveiling of Miguel...ABOUT TO BAKE!!! Can u send me the muffins?
You sent an offline right? buzz me

7:19 PM  
Blogger NaijaBloke said...

I am with gramps on the issue of No of crushes.U said u got angry and still notice how cute the guy was...hmmm.

Trying to understand the title of ur blog o madam ..is it Ole-Thief or Ole-Lazy person ...

Nice blog

9:07 PM  
Blogger Dris J said...

sounds like u r hitting d ground running, very usual of you though- can't still forget SDF training! And talking about SDF, where should I put your name on my IM now...considering that u ain't no mo an Ac......re folk.Anywayz, dn't let momma's presence take away your crushing, abi na Fantaish skills..

11:28 PM  
Blogger Teva said...

@Naijabloke Ole ole (Spanish 'Olé!' is used to express excited approval) He's cute EOD! Na wa o! his cuteness doesnt excuse his behaviour. If i didnt know better, i'd say all u guys are from my village! LOL
@Olayinka You can move me to the 'Ex-Office folks' or better 'friends'. Glad u still hang around. hope u are keeping up with that gym regime

8:49 AM  
Blogger Teva said...

@Temmy Thanks jare!!! Dem' dey jealous...LOL I'm glad things r gettin beta. God will take you to that expected end and a hope

5:01 PM  
Blogger Teva said...

@ Oluronke..Merci mademoiselle. I'm keeping all me fingers crosssed. LOL

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home