Name:
Location: Somewhere only we know, Distant Land

Me's a whole lot of things that even I find amusing... I'm definitely a romantic and I advocate honesty at all costs

Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Scales have tipped!

After a really long day at work, you get off, exhausted, wishing you had a jacuzi you could lie in till daybreak, but you know that's not going to happen, so you settle your thoughts to the comfort of your home. Yeah, its your own space! You are always welcome there and if you are lucky your partner would be in a really good mood tonight.
You walk in and something's not just right. A strange feeling greet you at your door. The kind of feeling one gets when one walks into the room they shouldnt be in...you just know that something is amiss. Your gut tingles all over and you are not sure if its the airconditioning or you are just imagining things....Of course you shake it off, "what nonesnese is this?? Its probably that story Mary told me that stuck!"You laugh at your silliness and kep walking...by now you are at your bedroom door. You start thinking about dinner, that comment your boss made about your presentation and you find yourself figuring out your chores for the night.
Just when you've laughed and whisked the tensions to the back of your mind, you hear a sound pierce through your equanimity. Shocked, your body freezes up, your mind cant begin to fathom what made that sound but you know its behind your door and your hands just wouldnt move...
With trembling fingers and every ounce of courage you fling the door ajar.............................what you find there is worse than any nightmare!!!!!

See all my life, i've been exposed to that kind one kind of traffic....one type of stories, one way of thinking....i've often considered the flipside but with very little sympathy because the side of the coin that i had seen was overwhelming, made it alost impossible to believe that there could be a reverse. But truly my friends, the scals have tipped!!!
I find myself in unfamiliar territory this morning, trying to make sense of what i was experiencing. It was more than shock to me, it was like being stripped stack naked in the middle of the freezing cold! Its like watching everything you've ever worked for, all you've ever believed in go up in smoke right before your eyes.
Like my friend used to say "May be the rose-painted glasses have finally come off..." Indeed I see. Hmmmmmmm.... Up until now, I used to see things in clear-cut black and white. If its not white, then its not white and from the looks of it, its closer to black than it is to white! Whatever else it is, its not good enough!
Life is full of so many shades! There are millions of shades of grey...Some of you are wondering, what is this girl talking about??? She's going on and on about some incident, I dont have a clue what is. There's a saying that behind a successful man, there's a strong woman...there should be a follow up that says behind an wicked man, there's a really evil woman!
I knew women could be mean...yeah, i knew they could be really nasty sometimes but I always figured it was more of a vindictive ripple of what they had suffered, or endured from men. Yeah, i'm a real feminist...Boo hoo! Yeah, you cant blame me. Out of ten aunties, only 1 hasnt returned with concotions or bruises the size of texas! Its always one tale of sorrow or the other! One even had her husband try to use her for jazz-money once....she woke up in the middle of d night to find him chanting incantations on her head with funny juju-like stuff in his hand....talk about a nightmare!!
From knife cuts to hospitalization, i had seen it all. There was nothing I hadn't seen or heard women suffer at the hands of men. The more popular ones are the cheating kind. They'll do anything and come back with stray kids, or STIs or whatever in their pleasure-seeking campaign but ...............
I saw the flipside yesterday.
I saw, for the first time in my twenty-whatever years what some men and women have tried to tell me...there is no ruin greater, no cut deeper than when it is by a woman
She ruined...no, the word ruin doesnt quite carry it....She crushed him, yeah that's it.
The power that God has placed in women is so profound! I think that's why God put a counter-measure that makes women generally not tolerate each other all that much. I know alot of people may disagree with this, but hey, I always call it like I see it.
What can i say about this lesson that I have just learned, the circumstances are rather embarrasing so i'm not going to tell but suffice me to say that its one lesson to have nailed!

9 Comments:

Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Madam Teva, abeg which one be all this half gist, give us the story mehn!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Dedayo said...

this girl.. Whats the deal with the coming soon. Have u joined the national association of movie producers and advertisers of nigeria? Abeg talk tory make we hear.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Dris J said...

I am not trying to be an 'Amebo', but baby wetin dey happen? This kin scale wey dey tip na wao...something tell me sey na man matter sha...anyway, i fit w8 4 u 2 drop d gist, afterall I waited till last week of last FY.. No keep me waiting 4 2 looooonng sha..
Holla

5:26 PM  
Blogger Teva said...

My people, all in good time! LOL
@bijouxoxo LOL, na oyinbo talk say the patient dog does wetin??LOL

@dedayo Yes o! i dey practice! Me sef one strong pass Omotola Jalade

@Temmy LOL, my sister the words havent come into paper yet...you'll feel it. its worth the wait

@Olayinka broda,u promise say u go marry me.....LOL.U know say me sef get ur secret for hand...so bros cool am! LOL. dont worry, its all part of the SKILLS....lol

6:18 PM  
Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

TEVA! TEVA!! TEVA!!! This ur use of words is WOW! I thought i was reading something written by Wole Soyinka. This is a spectacular piece u've written. Nicely composed. This ur story is still missing in action though. Even though i get it, looks like u don't want to reveal too much info. Don't u think u should break it down some more without revealing too much? I kinda get what u're saying, but then maybe i don't. Could it be that the woman cheated on her husband in their matrimonial home? Well, there's nothing new under the sun. I guess what's good for the goose is also good for the gander, but wgen it's the gander's turn, tongues start wagging!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Dedayo said...

i want to believe i know what you're talking about but it all sounds .........'dnt hv d rite wrds.........hmmmmm, interesting. This one i gotta hear!

1:12 AM  
Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me said...

A tale well narrated, it had the unputdownable appeal. I think I sort of lost my way but from the comments read here Im beginng to pull some picture together. A remarkable piece of writing.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Dris J said...

To this post, I have no comment!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Teva said...

At everyone...Thanks! I'm glad you could in some way relate to the CODED writings. I promise to give you the uncoded and slighty more unveiled version later.

@ Bijuoxoxo Hmmm, you are very intuitive, I admire that.Suffice me to say, you are not too far off course.

@Dedayo Trust me, you dont know what i'm talking about there

@TLOASCM Why thank you me darlin' I shall strive to keep it up

@Olayinka I know that you have a comment, its just too shocking...LOL. No worries dear, to every puzzle, there's a perfect place

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home